Nehemiah Food Pantry
Every fourth Thursday of the month, Nehemiah will have food distribution to those who participate in Nehemiah's ministries and/or who are willing to volunteer to help with the Food Pantry. Hours of distribution are from 5:30 to 7:30.
Opportunities to serve abound in this ministry:
- Every fourth Thursday, Nehemiah picks up food from Midwest Food Bank, and this food must be unloaded and organized in the basement of our facility. These efforts start at 12:30.
- During Food Pantry, we need people to serve on a variety of teams:
- Prayer Team: Members pray with individuals as they come to show they live in the area.
- Packing Team: Members load the boxes with food.
- Distribution Team: Members bring the food boxes up from the basement, load them into cars, and talk and pray with individuals who visit the pantry.
- Clean-up Team: Members clean the church after the Food Pantry has ended.
Volunteers may arrive at different times throughout the day on Thursdays:
- Unloading the truck & organizing food: 12/12:30 - 2:00.
- First round of distribution to volunteers: 2:00 - 4:00.
- Evening distribution and volunteering to help on various teams: 5:30 - 7:30/8:00.